23 Jul Introduction to Magento
Magento is an open source commerce platform, widely used and written in PHP. It is the world’s most popular commerce platform. Magento Marketplace is the world’s largest marketplace of tested extensions, which extends the functionality of the online store. Let’s go though the features and advantages of Magento, under Introduction to Magento,
Magento has the following platforms: Magento Open Source (previously known as “Magento Community Edition”), Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce (On-Premises), previously known as “Magento Enterprise Edition”.
Features of Magento
Here are the features of Magento,
- Open Source E-Commerce platform, available for free.
- Easily manages orders.
- SEO settings provided by Magento prove vital to rank the online store.
- Supports multiple payment gateways such as PayPal.
- Lot of Shipping options such as Flat Rate, Free Shipping, DHL, etc are provided
- Magento provide both catalog as well as cart price rules options.
- Analysis are provided, which helps in planning more about the products, customers and competitors.
- Has a separate section to generate reports for orders, invoice, reviews, and even Newsletter problem reports.
- Create Newsletter and Email Templates with ease. It has a separate Marketing tool for promotions also.
Advantages of Magento
Here are the advantages of Magento,
- Magento supports more than one payment gateway.
- Schedule theme customization and enable different layouts.
- Automatic creation and development of reports for products, orders, taxes, issues, makes Magento quite an awesome E-Commerce Platform.
- Easily switch themes and schedule the design of themes.
- Extensions are provides, which extends the functionality and features of the store.
- Add different Tax Rules with ease
- User Roles assigns permission to users of the Magento store.
- Automatic Backups are provides, and you can schedule it.
- In-built Cache Management system that flush Magento Cache.