12 Jul WordPress General Settings
The WordPress General Settings are the basic configuration settings for your site. Go with these settings, if you want to change the site’s title, tagline, time zone etc. Set the new user default role with these settings.
For reaching, login to the website as an admin, then Settings > General Settings,
Here are the options, shown in the following screenshot,
- Site title– Here, add or change the site title.
- Tagline– Add or change the tagline of the website. The default is “Just another WordPress site”
- WordPress Address (URL)- Enter WordPress address, in our case it is,
- Site Address (URL) – Enter a different address from WordPress address here, if you want the site home page to be different from the WordPress installation directory.
- E-mail Address– Admin email address
- Membership– Set if you want anyone to register to your website.
- New User Default Role- Which default user role you want to be added as a default. Generally, “Subscriber” is set as the default role.
- Timezone – Set the time zone
- Date Format– Set the date format
- Time Format- Set the time format
- Week Starts On- Set the day when the week starts
- Site Language- Set the default language for the website