13 Dec SQL Introduction
In this lesson, Learn what is SQL and how it is based on RDBMS. We will discuss the features as well as Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio. First, let us begin with RDBMS.
What is RDBMS
RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System:
- RDBMS is the basis for SQL
- RDBMS is a basis for MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- RDBMS stores data in tables.
- Tables consist of rows and columns
- A row is a record and a horizontal entry.
- The column is information with a specific field and a vertical entry.
What is SQL
SQL is a Structured Query Language.
- RDBMS is the basis for SQL i.e. SQL stores data in RDBMS
- Standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) since 1986
- Standard of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) since 1987
RDBMS Developed by Microsoft
Mainly two free and open-source RDBMSs have been developed by Microsoft i.e.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
Microsoft SQL Server 2022
The SQL Server 2022 is developed by Microsoft:
- Initial Release: April 24, 1989, as SQL Server 1.0
- Current Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2022
- Used to create and maintain databases.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
The SQL Server Management Studio is a User Interface for SQL i.e. a graphical tool. SSMS provides tools to configure, monitor, and administer instances of SQL Server and databases.
If you liked the tutorial, spread the word and share the link and our website Studyopedia with others: