12 Sep Python Introduction & Features
Python 3 is a powerful, interpreted, object-oriented programming language. It is used in many areas for development and is considered a perfect language for scripting. A high-level programming language developed by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. The current stable version of Python is 3.12.
Features of Python
The following are the features of Python:
- Cross-platform: Python can be worked on multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, etc.
- Open Source: Python is a free and open-source software. Freely download it and use in it your applications.
- Multiple Programming-paradigms: Programming Paradigms classify programming languages based on features, such as functional, procedural, object-oriented, declarative, etc. Python supports multiple programming paradigms such as object-oriented, functional programming, imperative, etc.
- Fewer lines of code: A Python program uses fewer lines of code than C, C++, or Java, which makes it simpler.
- Interpreted: Programming languages, such as Java, C, and C++ need to be compiled first, however, this is not the case with Python. Python is directly processed at runtime by the interpreter.
- GUI: Python supports GUI. Some Python Libraries, such as Tkinter, wxPython, etc. do this work easily.
- Dynamically Typed: Python is dynamically typed. You only need to assign a value to a variable in Python, for declaration and that’s it! Like, Java, C, and C++, you don’t need to declare the type of the variable before runtime.
Video Tutorial (English)
Video Tutorial (Hindi)
If you liked the tutorial, spread the word and share the link and our website Studyopedia with others.
For Videos, Join Our YouTube Channel: Join Now